Friday, December 30, 2011

The Fragility of Life

This was originally posted December 17, 2009:

Carol Ann passed away yesterday. I didn't know her very well, in fact I'd only met her twice at the new home group Craig and I are now a part of. We had just seen her at our group traditional Thanksgiving dinner last month. She had fallen at church on Sunday, December 6th and an ambulance was called, but she refused to go to the hospital saying she was okay. Later that day she was in a car wreck and ended up in a coma and on life support. It seems she had struck her head when she fell earlier in the day and this caused her to black out while driving. We received an email last night saying she had gone home to be with the Lord. I was so sorry to hear of her passing, but as always when someone knows Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior, I am happy that she's now with Him in glory. I can't help reflecting on how fragile life is. Little did we know that the last time we saw Carol Ann would be only a few short weeks ago and before the next meeting she would be with Jesus, seeing Him face to face. Thinking on that causes me to shout in my spirit, "Glory to God!" Just think of it. Finally seeing the One in person who died for us, who shed His precious blood for us. Praise His Name! I think it's always good to remember how short life is and how important it is for us to be ready to go at any time. Psalm 103:15-16 says "As for man, his days are like grass; As a flower of the field, so he flourishes. For the wind passes over it, and it is gone. And its place remembers it no more." Knowing this, my prayer is that I will always be kind, generous, patient and loving toward all those I encounter.

Here's the cute little ceramic tea cannister I received for Christmas:

1 comment:

  1. Yes, indeed, life is short, and we never know when God will call any of us home. We're not guaranteed tomorrow...or even one more hour. All we have is right now...that's why we need to make each and every moment count!

    ReplyDelete