Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Don't Be Afraid



I was reading from Psalm 27 this morning; it's one of my favorite psalms.  How can you not like something that begins with "The LORD is my light and my salvation - whom shall I fear?  The LORD is the stronghold of my life - of whom shall I be afraid?"  (vs. 1).  So many times I don't stop to think about this verse when something comes against me to upset or frighten me; I panic and begin to figure out ways to get out of a stressful situation or how to make it right in my own strength (which we all know is impossible) instead of immediately turning to Jesus for the answer.  I do get there sooner or later, (smile) but I'm trying to do this right away and not give in to fear or let anxiety take over.  The Lord is helping me and though I'll never completely conquer my tendency to give in to the panic or fear of the moment, if I depend upon our precious Lord to calm my spirit, take a deep breath and look to Him, I know He'll help me to overcome in any situation.  And He'll do the same for you!

Thank You, Jesus for Your all consuming love for us.  When we keep our eyes on You, we know that all will be well.  You are our Papa God, our Abba Father, Who is concerned about every part of our lives.  You don't want us to give in to those things that would take over our emotions and cause us to look for help in any other place but to You - You alone have the answers we seek and I ask that You help every one of us here today to turn towards You when we begin to doubt, to fear, to panic or are tempted to take flight.  May we instead run into Your arms of safety.  In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen.

I've started making my Valentine cards this week.  Here's the first one I made:


9 comments:

  1. Oh, Anne, I am so with you on this. When I come against a situation which upsets or frightens me, I tend to panic or try to figure it out on my own first. After a time of striving, a remember that I'm not alone, that God is my help and my strength. Like you, though, I wish that was my first reaction, but having lived the first 30 years of my life without the Lord, old habits die hard, I guess. Like you, though, I AM learning this all-important lesson.

    Wishing you a lovely day.

    Love,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Patti,
    Thank you for your comments. I am always encouraged by your wonderful insights, encouragement and support. God bless you and have a great day AND a Happy BD tomorrow!
    Love,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do we who know HIM still try to do things on our own? I'm so glad He is patient and waits for us!
    I love the card above, very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Kristin,
    Thanks for stopping by and for your comments. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful valentine card! thank you for the beautiful "do not be afraid" message. it is right on time for me proving God's goodness once again. all the best to you. xo from michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anne, what a beautiful valentine card! I love your music when I visit your blog. Your "do no be afraid" message was right on time for me. Blessings to you....Barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Barb ~ such a delight to see you here!

    ReplyDelete