Monday, January 2, 2012

Titus 2 Women


This post is somewhat similar to one I wrote and added here this past October, but different enough that I wanted to share it with you.  It was originally written on December 19, 2009:

I have been thinking about the women in my family who’ve had such a great influence on me in my spiritual development and walk with the Lord. I’m sure we all have those special women of God in our lives, whether a relative or maybe an older woman we’ve known who has helped shape us spiritually. My mother comes to mind most of all. After all these years, I’m still learning new things about her! I didn’t find out until a couple of years ago that when I was about 3 years old (picture above is of Mom and me, circa 1954) she, my dad, my grandmother and Aunt Cliffie (with me tagging along, of course!) would go to the jail in Fayetteville, AR on Sunday afternoons and Mom would hold a service for the incarcerated men. She would begin with praise and worship, then bring a short message of some kind that would always include hope and the love of Jesus for each one. Mom was greatly influenced by the Bible college she attended in Cincinnati, OH. It was a wonderful school who, in the last century, hosted the great Oswald Chambers as a special guest lecturer for a short time. One of the things Mom and her friends did on a regular basis was hold street meetings. They were led by a preacher from the school named Bro. Jeffers, who my mom and her friend Martha (my godmother) still admire and speak of to this day.

My grandmother was another wonderful lady who was a living example of Jesus to me. She daily exhibited the sweet presence of the Holy Spirit living in her. She grew up in the mountains of Arkansas where church services were few and far between in those pioneer days, but at the age of 17 she sensed the Lord wooing her and was saved one night as she knelt by her bedside.

There have been other women in my family who have left their spiritual mark on me ~ my Aunt Joy, cousin Jewel, among others but it would take up too much time and space to write about them all. They’ve all been Titus II women to me. May God bless each one. Some are in heaven now and when I get there someday I want to have a long talk with each one to tell them how much I love and appreciate them and that I wouldn't be the woman I am today if it hadn't been for them.

This is the first teapot that was given to me, back in 1997 as a BD present from my friend, Alice.  It is simple, but elegant.

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!
    May your be full of His blessings for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne,
    I was looking for your tea time post and I think, this is it. The tea pot is really charming. I love the flowers on it. I hope you will enjoy from this pretty pot many marvellours teas over the New Year.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anne,
    I love your pretty teapot and what a beautiful birthday gift it made! I'm sure you were thrilled! Thank you for sharing it with us and I wish you a very Happy New Year.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a gorgeous tea pot! You are blessed by your dear friend to receive such a generous gift from her.
    Thank you so much for joining in Tea Cup Tuesday, we love having you and coming by to visit!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete