Thursday, November 21, 2013

Slow Down!

 
 
Has the following happened to you? I certainly has to me! I can remember a time a few years before I retired when I was determined to do "more, more, more" at Christmas. It left me so exhausted that my Christmas wasn't as enjoyable as it should have been. After that, I vowed that I would not let the season "rush" me but would spend extra time with the Lord and in just enjoying Christmas. Oh, every now and then, I do start to slip back but thankfully the Lord catches me in time!

It doesn't have to be about Christmas, Friends. Whatever you're doing, even if it's for the Lord and it's wearing you out, please pause and say a prayer and ask the Lord what He would have you do. We can so easily get caught up in our busy lives and in service to the Lord that we lose our closeness and intimacy with Jesus; not to mention being on an emotional roller coaster! I am speaking to myself as well as to you. Anyway, the excerpt from the book below says it better than I can, so hoping you'll take time today to gain strength from God's Holy Word, spending time with Him in prayer and getting that much needed spiritual as well as physical rest. 

Women Living Well

"It is in our slow moments when we best connect with our Creator...

When we do not slow down and rest, we miss God's voice. We tend to feel overwhelmed, irritable, frustrated, and unappreciated. Emotionally we can lose our way. We have been deceived into thinking that more is better: more food, more clothes, more toys, and more decorations.
 
"More, more, more" falsely promises to make us happy. Even when we are pursuing something noble, such as serving others or volunteering, the overactivity threatens to bring chaos to our homes and families."

~Excerpt from Women Living Well - The Book

2 comments:

  1. Such a great reminder to slow down! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome ~ glad you enjoyed it. ☺

    ReplyDelete