Friday, October 21, 2011

Chai Tea Time

Well, here it is Friday afternoon and I'm taking time to have a cup of  Bigelow Vanilla Chai Tea, a blend of vanilla flavor and spices.  This is the first time I've tried this particular flavor of tea and it's delicious!  I've added a dollop of milk to give it that creamy taste.  Mmmm...  I was first introduced to chai tea a few years ago when we were visiting my mother-in-law in Northern California and my sister-in-law brought me a cup of chai tea from Peet's Coffee and Tea.  I've been hooked since! 
Since this blog is one about friendships, I'd like to tell you about my friend, Janet who I met several years ago (has it been 7 already?) when she came to visit my church.  Talk about a God thing!  She asked if the seat next to me was taken, I said no and invited her to join me and that was the beginning of a beautiful friendship, as the old saying goes!  Janet and her husband Glenn live in England.  If memory serves me correctly, they've visited L.A. every year since we first met and we've been blessed to spend time together, meeting at my church and afterward having lunch and a long and lovely visit.  Our friendship has grown through the years and we've become close friends.  We stay in touch by email and phone and she was a strong support for me during the recent loss of my sister, Ellen.  I just had a wonderful visit with her by telephone today and it was a joy to share our hearts and get caught up with each others' lives.  Love you, Janet!

I thought I would show you a couple of cards I've made in recent months.  Here are two Thanksgiving cards:




I'm working on BD and Christmas cards right now.  I hope all of you will have a great weekend.  Saying that makes me smile because as I'm writing this, I haven't invited anyone to join my blog yet, but I'll be doing so very soon.  Autumn blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment