Saturday, October 29, 2011

Prayer Walking


The above photo is the walking trail in the park in our apt. community where I walk 5 days per week.  Many of you know that I love to pray while I walk. This is my time to talk to our Lord and bring my needs, my concerns and prayer requests before Him.  Afterward, I love to praise Him and tell Him just how much I love Him and thank Him in advance for His answers to prayer.  Since I walk Monday through Friday when most of the residents are at work, it's quiet in the park with only a few mothers  pushing strollers or taking their children out to play and just a smattering of people having coffee at the Curson Cafe (more on that shortly). 

I love walking by this fountain:


I love the soothing sound of the "water fall".  We are blessed with so many sunny days here in Southern California.  I love to spend time outdoors and take in the beautiful sights and sounds of God's creation. 

This is the Curson Cafe:


It's located in the far western corner of the park.  It's a great place to have a cup of coffee or tea and spend some time "people watching."  In addition to the cafe (and free WiFi), there's a gym and community center located here.  Sometimes Craig and I come here on a Saturday morning, sit with our hot drinks and check out all the activity around us.  Sometimes we just like to listen to the little birds chirping in the nearby trees.  I'm always reminded of the Lord's love and care for us.  After all, doesn't Matthew 6:26-27 tell us, "Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.  Are you not much more valuable than they?"  I am thankful that God has blessed us with such a beautiful and safe place to live.  And thank you for "touring" with me.  You're in my prayers!

Here's my card offering for today.


No comments:

Post a Comment