Friday, October 28, 2011

The Full Armor of God

Do you prepare yourself each morning to face the day by putting on the full armor of God?  I like to visualize each piece as I put it on.  In fact, I wouldn't think of ending my morning prayer time without being fully dressed!  Here's how I do it: 

Dear Lord, I put on the Belt of Truth, for You are the way, the truth and the life. Surround me in your truth, let me not be deceived in any way by the evil one and give me wisdom, knowledge and discernment in all things. Thank You, Lord.

I put on the Breastplate of Righteousness, for You are righteous. Thank You, Papa God for seeing me as righteous because of what Your son, Jesus Christ, did for me on the cross. Please protect my heart and my emotions.

I place the Shoes Shod for the Preparation of the Gospel of Peace on my feet. Dear Lord, should I stumble, please pick me up and continue to lead me forward, upholding me with Your righteous right hand. Keep me on the straight and narrow pathway. Every where my feel shall tread, I claim for You.

I lift up the Shield of Faith to prevent the fiery darts of the evil one from striking me and Craig, as I stand in the gap for him. Save him very soon Lord, I pray.

I place the Helmet of Salvation on my head, Lord. Please protect my mind as I await Your final salvation, when You return to take Your children home.

I wield the Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God, using it offensively and defensively against the spiritual forces of darkness. Thank You, Lord for going ahead of me to prepare the way and for being my rear guard. In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen.

Once I have put on my armor, I know I am ready to begin my day, being fully equipped by the Holy Spirit. 

Christmas is coming!  Here's a Christmas card I made this week. 


1 comment:

  1. I am happy to find your blog on Faithful Bloggers. It is so pretty. I love tea. :) I love pretty cards and wish I knew how to make them. I have a friend that owns a shop in Estes Park, CO that teaches how to make cards and sells the supplies.

    Elaine
    Visit my blog anytime... elainepack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete