Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Gratitude, Day 15 (God's Guidance)


"The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame..."  Isaiah 58:11  How grateful I am for God's guidance in my life.  I have need of it every hour of every day.  Each morning before getting out of bed, I ask the Lord to give me guidance that day, along with wisdom and discernment in all things. 

Sometimes we're in a valley in our lives and don't see any way out.  We see only road blocks ahead of us and the way looks bleak and uncertain.  We feel our strength leaving us and don't know which way to turn.  Then our heavenly Father reaches out to us and leads us forward.  We don't always see that we're making progress, but He is holding on to us and our steps become more certain as we follow Him.  Soon we begin to see objects taking shape and have our first glimpse of the landscape ahead. 

Other times we're on the mountaintop and can see clearly and far ahead.  We move along briskly and there is nothing to impede our way.  We have confidence that we're walking in God's footsteps and that all will be well.

Sometimes I have looked back and only then have I seen each step of the journey and how God led me from one place to another.  No matter what we may face each day, whether a valley or a mountaintop, we can be assured that God is always with us, leading and guiding us forward.  A long as we keep our hand in His, we have nothing to fear.  Our good Shepherd will never let us go, never leave us nor forsake us. 

Thank You, heavenly Father for taking my hand in Yours and for guiding me every step of the way through this life.  Thank You for going ahead of me to prepare the way.   I have nothing to fear with Your beside me.   You are my rock, my fortress and my strong tower.   Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment