Friday, November 18, 2011

Gratitude, Day 16 (Provision)


Today I am thankful for God's provision.  We most often think of provision in financial terms, and that is definitely true, but there is so much more included in God's plan of provision for us.  Among His many names and facets of His character, He is known as Jehovah-Jireh - The Lord Who Provides.  He provides for our emotional, spiritual and physical needs. 

Jesus died on the cross of Calvary to provide for our salvation.  This is the greatest gift of all!  It is free to all who will accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior.  "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life."  John 3:16.

God provides for our emotional well being.  When we are anxious, troubled or afraid, we go to Him in prayer and ask Him to give us His peace and the assurance of His love.  "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."  Phil. 4:6-7.

God provides for our physical needs.  When we pray, we ask our heavenly Father to "give us this day our daily bread."  Matthew 6:11.  When we are tired and discouraged, He invites us to come to Him.  "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."  Matthew 11:28.

He provides for our spiritual needs by feeding us on His Word.  When we are hungry and thirsty for more of Him, Jesus invites us to come to Him.  "I am the bread of life.  He who comes to Me will never go hungry, and he who believes in Me will never be thirsty."  John 6:35. 

Dear Lord, thank You for daily providing for my every need.  How thankful I am that I can come to You for all that I lack, knowing You have all the answers and are my Jehovah-Jireh.  You're all I need. 

A recent BD card I made:

No comments:

Post a Comment