Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Gratitude, Day 7 (Jesus)

Today and every day, I am thankful for JESUS.  He is my life.  Acts 17:28 sums it up so well, "For in Him we live and move and have our being..."  He is my all in all. 

As I told in a previous posting, I was saved at the age of 11.  I can still remember my joy as I stepped away from the altar that Sunday morning, a new creation in Christ.  Though there were years that I wasn't living for Him, He so graciously continued to woo me through His Holy Spirit and since 1996 I have been walking closely by His side and having sweet communion with Him. 

Just as all of us can, I recall so many times Jesus came to my rescue through the years as well as the times I didn't need rescuing because of His great grace and mercy in keeping me safe from so many   unknowns.  Every day when I thank Him for His many blessings, I make it a point to especially thank Him for those blessings that I am unaware of.  How often has He kept me out of harm's way or prevented me from becoming sick, just because He is a loving Father who is always looking out for His beloved children?

I've had a few dark nights of the soul when I was going through great difficulties and didn't always feel His presence, yet I knew in faith that He was there; that He was going through the storm with me and would never leave me nor forsake me.  He never has failed me yet and I know He never will. 

I can't fully fathom His great love for me, but nonetheless, I know He loved me enought to die for me.  I am thankful that I can wake up each morning with the confidence that He'll go with me through each day.  I'm thankful that His mercies are new every morning and that because of this I can come to Him with a repentant heart, asking forgiveness and receive it every time.

As a child, we sang a song in our elementary school every year around Thanksgiving called "Great Is Thy Faithfulness." 

"Great is Thy faithfulness," O God my Father,
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not
As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.
Great is Thy faithfulness!" "Great is Thy faithfulness!"
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided—
Great is Thy faithfulness," Lord, unto me!"

Thank You, Jesus for Your faithfulness.  I'm thankful for You and I love You.


No comments:

Post a Comment