Thursday, November 3, 2011

Gratitude, Day 2 (Salvation)

Today and every day, I am thankful for salvation.  I can still remember the day I was saved, as an 11 year old girl at my church in Joplin, MO.  While in a transition period after having sold our old church building and waiting for the new one to be completed, we met on Sunday mornings at the local Boy's Club.  It was here during an altar call that I felt the Holy Spirit drawing me to Jesus.  I made my way to the front of the room to kneel down in front of the altar and surrendered all to Him.  So I guess you could say I was saved at a Boy's Club, but on that day it was "church" and I'll always have a fond memory of that little building where I gave my life to the Lord. 

That was many years ago, but I'll never forget how new and cleansed I felt as I stood up and went back to my seat.   Later, in my early 20's through my mid 40's, I was away from the Lord but rededicated my life to Him in 1995.  I'm all the more thankful that we serve a God who redeems us and restores us after so many years astray. 

Each morning I thank Jesus for saving me.  I thank Him for dying for me on the cross of Calvary.  I thank Him that no matter how many times I mess up, He forgives me.  And I thank Him that I am safe and sheltered in His loving arms.  I am thankful that I have an eternal home waiting for me where one day I will see my Savior face to face and hear Him say, "Welcome Home." 

There is a simple little song we used to sing in church called "Jesus, We Crown You With Praise."  The lyrics are, "Jesus, we crown You with praise.  Jesus, we crown You with praise.  We love and adore You, bow down before You, Jesus we crown You with praise."  These are the words and  melody running through my head and heart this morning as I crown Him with praise.  I love You, precious Lord.  Thank You for salvation full and free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment