Friday, November 4, 2011

Gratitude, Day 3 (Home)

Today's object of gratitude is my home.  Have you ever stopped to thank God for providing you with a good place to live?  This encompasses not only your personal place of dwelling, but your surroundings, too.  I am thankful for the apartment we live in.  Though we'll be moving into a town house next Spring, I am thankful for all the years we have lived here in safety and comfort.  Our apt. is large and roomy, with much more square feet than the average apt. and has enabled us to add more of the things we like to it: such as multiple bookcases for our large book collection!

I have anointed my house with oil, going through each room and praying over it. I do this from time to time, asking God's blessing upon it and praying for His protection and peace over it.  I know this has made a difference in the atmosphere of our home.  Any time we invite God's blessing where we live, He is faithful to answer that prayer. 

I'm grateful that we live in Los Angeles.  Yes, just as in any large city, there are bad things that happen, but I'm thankful that the Lord has protected us every day.  We live in easy access of where we want and need to go and I'm thankful that we live in the beautiful southern part of the state with such gorgeous scenery and good weather year round.  I sometimes complain about a lack of change of seasons, but overall this is truly paradise! 

I'm thankful that every day I can enjoy my home and live with a heart of contentment for all that God has provided.  I love beginning my day with a hot cup of tea, and after having read my morning devotional I can add my prayer of thanksgiving to God for blessing me with the home I have.  And last but not least, I'm thankful for a place to come back to after being out in the chaos of a busy day, a place of refuge from the world.  Isn't that old saying true, "Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home"?

Our apt. community. We live in one of the towers like this one:


One of the recent Christmas cards I've made:

No comments:

Post a Comment